- Students who are struggling academically – Help you catch up and stay up
- Students who are academic high achievers – Help you keep ahead of your peers
- Help you succeed in mathematics. Whether you needs help with basic K-12 math, algebra, or more advanced high school math topics, we can help YOU! We offer professional and personalized math tutoring for all ages and all abilities.
- You can trust us to help make math easier to understand and get your student back on track. Our approach works within the student’s own homework and curriculum, plus we use our time together to rebuild any missing pieces that may have occurred along the way.
- Individualized instruction
- Personalized study plans
- Personalized tutoring that leverages your own curriculum, and meet your special needs
- Assessment for goal setting
- Regular reporting to families
- Build critical study skills
- Time management
- Stress management
- Help build good study habit
- Supplement the public education
Help you maximize your performance and achieve your best test scores possible.
• Diagnostic Test
We emphasize on individualized learning. We begin with an initial session to diagnose a student’s present strengths, weaknesses, and learning preferences in order to develop a personalized study plan.
• Essential Test Content and Strategies Tailored To You
The next step after the diagnostic test is to ensure that our students have a firm grasp of the core math concepts, grammar, and vocabulary that they need to perform well on the test. We believe that a thorough understanding of the concepts is crucial to a student’s success. In addition, we teach our students test-specific strategies that will help their performance on the test, as well as study methods best suited to their individual learning needs.
• Learning from Real Test Questions
Once a student has learned the core content and strategies he or she needs to perform well on the test, he or she will begin to take a series of real, timed practice tests. Nearly all of the test questions we teach from are real questions written by the test makers. By the time the student sits for the test, he or she will have studied hundreds of real questions and gained confidence and composure for the test. There is no substitute for authentic test questions and practicing under simulated test conditions.
• Length of Tutoring
Since each student’s study plan will be unique, there is no mandatory minimum amount of time that must be spent per session, nor a fixed number of sessions offered. We work closely with students and parents to tailor our program to fit your particular needs. The amount of time students need to spend preparing for the test depends on a number of factors: when they plan to take the test, how much time they have available each week to work on assignments, and how far they are from their ideal score. On average, however, most sessions are held once a week for 2 hours, and tutoring typically runs for anywhere from four to six months or more. Hard work is an essential part of significantly improving a student’s test scores.
• Improving Confidence and Comfort
Success on the standardized tests is often as much about feeling confident and comfortable as it is about understanding the material being tested. We try to share the joy of learning with students while they are doing better and better on their practice tests, which ease their anxiety associated with the test and bolster their confidence.
Cherry Academy provides private and small-group tutoring for K-12 students in a variety of topics. Our professional tutors are available weekdays and Saturdays to help your children succeed in all of their classes and tests. Ask about any needs you have, as we are constantly expanding our tutorial services. Currently, we tutor in math and PSAT/SAT/ACT. Please contact us, so we can meet your child’s needs.