Enrollment for 2017-2018 After School Program is open!
Effective expanded learning programs help students succeed in school and in life.
Youth who regularly attend high-quality afterschool programs have better grades and conduct in school; more academic and enrichment opportunities; better peer relations and emotional adjustment.
Our experience in education combined with our integrated curriculum creates an optimal learning environment for high school students. Cherry academy offers support systems including academic and college counseling to ensure your high school students continued success in high school, college and beyond.
At Cherry Academy’s upper school, we serve students in grades 9 through 12. We invest in comprehensive curriculum, expert teachers, small classes, leading-edge technology, extensive academic support, and high-quality programs. We help our students get acceptance into their dream colleges with a well prepared plan for colleges.
All of our teachers are highly qualified; many have advanced degrees and all pursue ongoing professional development to offer our students a world-class education at Cherry Academy.
We tailor your son’s or daughter’s academic placement to meet his or her individual needs, personal interests and social and emotional growth at Cherry Academy’s upper school. Each student’s academic journey is uniquely tailored to his or her needs and passions.
Advantages of the Afterschool Program
1. The teacher has PhD. in Computer science with years of experience on education. She has taught college, high school, middle school and elementary students.
2. Small classes, individual attention and personalized study plans
3. Unique and effective programs that focus on improving academics, presentation skills, computer skills and physical health by exercises
- After-school care and transportation from nearby schools (San Jose (Cambrian, Almaden, Willow Glen), Los Gatos, Campbell)
- Homework help
- Enrichment classes/activities
- Test prepare classes
- Free 9 AM drop-off on days students don’t have school
At Cherry Academy, we seek to help establish strong reading, writing, and mathematical foundations for today’s success and for the future. We offer the after school program help high school students increase their performance in the four content areas of English reading & writing, mathematics, science, and technology with homework/ tutoring assistance.
Academic activities: specific learning topics and standards that are linked to the school-day goals, particularly in English reading & writing, math, and science.
Enrichment activities: computer skills, Chinese language, and sports activities.
We provide transportation, healthy snacks, homework help, enrichment classes, test prep classes, and tutoring in a safe, nurturing atmosphere.
Focus: Reading&Writing and Math, Study Support, Homework Help
Enrichment Activities: Science, Computer, Chinese(optional), sports
Daily Fitness and Healthy Snacks
Grade: 9 – 12
August – June
Monday – Friday
Begins at the dismissal of the school day until 6:30pm
1777 Hamilton Ave. Ste. 2380
San Jose, CA 95125
Enrichment Classes and Test Prep Classes
Our curriculum inspires students to push their intellectual boundaries in a supportive environment by emphasizing:
- engaging teachers and classrooms
- motivated students
- in-depth research and study skills
To prepare our students with a well-rounded education, we focus on required courses in the following subject areas:
- English: Study of Literary Genres, British & American Literature
- Math: Algebra I, Algebra II/Trigonometry and Geometry
- Science: Physics, Chemistry and Biology
- History and social sciences: World History I & II and United States History
- Foreign languages: Mandarin
We also offer PSAT/SAT/ACT test prep classes.
As our students move through the upper school, we offer ongoing guidance and support, recommending adjustments to the plan if needed.
1. Pickup procedure:
When picking your child(ren) up from Cherry Academy, parents/guardians must come into the building and sign their child(ren) out. Sign-out sheets are located at the entrances of Cherry Academy. Make sure to gather all belongings from the Cherry Academy room. Any alternative arrangements for pickup must be put in writing and submitted to Dr. Yun Cao, Director of Cherry Academy, prior to that date.
2. Late pickup fee
A late fee of $10 for each child will be charged for every 10 minutes past 6:45pm. Grace period: 6:30pm-6:45pm.
3. Space Limited
The academic-focused afterschool program has an enrollment limit so that we can give more individual attention to each student. We will make every effort to include your child in the program you have selected. If we are unable to fulfill your request, we will place your child on a waiting list.
* Pay by a check:
Please send your payment to: Cherry Academy, 1777 Hamilton Ave. Ste. 2380, San Jose, CA 95125
Please make checks payable to: Cherry Academy
* Pay by PayPal:
Please send your payment to: email@example.com
5. Registration fee and deposit:
The $100 registration fee and $200 deposit is nonrefundable. The deposit will be applied toward the tuition of last payment period of 2016-2017 school year.
6. Withdraw notice:
A written 30-day notice in advance to withdraw a child from our school is needed. Otherwise, the deposit will not be refunded.
7. Tuition due date and late fee:
Payment is due by every 4 weeks. There is a 5 day grace period. Late fee is $25 per student.
8. Return checks:
$25 will be charged for a returned check.
9. Vacation policy:
The school will be closed during Christmas and New year (12/19/2016 – 01/02/2017). We will not charge tuition fee for this period. No other vacation tuition credit/refund will be given during the school year.
10. Transportation fee
Transportation service is optional. The cost is by the distance. Payment is due by every 4 weeks. There is a 5 day grace period. Late fee is $1 /day past due date
School Holiday (no school)
Sep 05, 2016: Labor Day
Nov 24, 25, 2016: Thanksgiving Day
Dec 19 – Jan 2, 2017: Christmas & New Year
Feb 20, 2017: Presidents Day
May 29, 2017: Memorial Day
1. Do you pick up from my child’s school?
We do offer transportation.
2. Will you help my child with homework?
Absolutely! We know that once you get home from work, time with your child is limited. The last thing you should have to worry about is homework. We help children complete and understand their homework.
3. What is the latest I can pick up my child?
We remain open until 6:45 p.m. most days. Please pick up any time before then to avoid late fees.
4. My child needs help on reading/writing. Can you help?
We offer an English class, which is tailored to the students to cover reading, writing, and other English skills. We can also offer private tutoring in reading and other subjects.
5. My child is behind in math. Can you help?
Like reading, we will work with your child during homework time on math homework. We also offer Math enrichment classes. Class content will depend on the abilities of the students enrolled. Private tutoring is also available for K-12 students.
6. Do you offer any classes?
We have a variety of Enrichment Classes designed to help your child be well-rounded and balanced. We offer Math, English, Science, and Public Speaking. All of these classes are on-site to save parents the hassle of driving around town.
7. Do I need to send a snack with my child?
You can if you want to, but it is not necessary. We offer a healthy snack each day soon after arrival from school. We serve fruits, vegetables, crackers, and such.
8. Are the classes included in the price of tuition? No, the classes are offered a la carte but are discounted for afterschool students.
9. Are you open during Winter Break, February Break, or Spring Break?
Yes! We’re also open all summer long for Summer Camp. We are closed for just a few major holidays that parents are likely to have off work, too. We will open all day for your child’s school’s staff development days and other days parents are more likely working. Our schedule is subject to change, and day camps are included in your afterschool tuition.
10. Will you still pick up my child on minimum days? Of course! Please let us know at least a week in advance of all minimum days and days off, as the school’s web sites are not always accurate. Parents are generally given the most up-to-date information directly from their child’s teacher.
Questions or Concerns: Call 408-505-0318 or email yuncao@CherryAcademy.com